DON'T MISS OUR 80% OFF BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! 

fatherken
Oder

1 posts
0 reputation

IGN: fatherken
By fatherken » 8 months ago
-Minecraft Username:fatherken

-What makes you want to be staff?:
To help with the server moderation, a lot of times staff isn't on. Least when I first joined. I'm on at odd hours of the night because of my job. Since all the other staff is asleep i'd help by being a staff member on the night shifts and early mornings. A lot of the time the server is toxic with no staff personnel on. What I would contribute would moderate the chats and administer punishment if need be. I'm not one to punish quickly, I like to give chances before having to dish out kicks or mutes etc. I have always liked to do things greater then myself, hence why I enlisted into the Armed Forces. But I would like to be staff to help out Odercraft and work for the players not myself. If someone is 'minging' and disturbing other players with toxic behavior I would warn that player and work up to a higher grade of punishment if the need arises.

-Do you have a microphone and discord?:
Yes, I have a high speed gaming laptop with a good Corsair gaming headset with a microphone and discord.

-Are you familiar with basic minecraft commands?:
I've been staff on servers before throughout my time  playing MineCraft 2013. Most of the servers shut down or died due to lack of players. But I am familiar with being a staff and using commands. I have a maturity level that will help to not make rash decisions on punishments. And I am not one to be quick to anger at something someone says.

-How many hours do you have on the server? (Do /playtime on the server): I have over 15 hours played on Odercraft since I joined October 6th; I plan to do much more.
-Have you been staff before on other servers? If so, are you currently a staff member for another server now? (Show proof): Two other servers I was staff back when I was younger. A friend made one for our group in middle school and high school. Unfortunately it's been shut down because of everyone graduating and moving on with their lives. And another in my old home town, Bettendorf Iowa. There was a whitelisted server for Bettendorf library that I was very active on and even worked my way up to Head Admin. But I lost touch with that server after moving after my 8th grade in school.
-How often are you on the server?:
This is the server I mostly play on now, I don't get on my other vanilla survival server anymore. I always  log into MineCraft and join Odercraft and play throughout my off days from work or whenever I have any free time whatsoever. 

-Why do you think you're suitable for staff?:
I have a high maturity level because of my age and being in the Armed Forces. I have a cool head in tough or heated situations that most people can't handle. I've been through a lot in life because of my career as active duty in the Air Force as military police. And being military police I've learned to always get the facts right about any situation big or small before punishing or arresting personnel. I've seen a lot in the military since I am a first responder. (Domestic's like verbal or physical altercation's, suicide attempts and actual suicides etc.) I have experience on being staff on a couple older servers back in 2015 and 2016. But I feel more confident with what I've experienced in my military career. It's taught me to see things in a different light and work for others not for myself. Being in the military has made me work for something greater then myself.

-What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?:
My greatest strength are uniformity, humble, level headed, integrity, and slow to anger. The military life has taught me a lot on how to stay humble and work hard with excellent integrity. My weaknesses would be depression at times because of all that I have went through in the Armed Forces. And getting bored sometimes so I would try to bait someone or troll. (Not trolling a server or ruining property) But more like PvP trolling or chat trolling. I rarely do that anymore and i've worked on it since I've grown-up more and experienced new things in life.

-If accepted, do you understand that you can be demoted at any time if we feel you're unfit for staff?
Yes, I understand that even if I get accepted to be staff on Odercraft that it can be taken away just as quickly. If I mess up or make a bad call on punishing someones without getting the correct facts on the situation. I am willing to take that risk if I can help out the server grow out of the random drama and toxicity that's not needed. What I have witnessed is occasional drama in the server chat that can be taken to discord one on one and not flood the server chat with hate and drama. I would like a chance to fix and adjust all that knowing that my rank can be taken away at any point if I am accepted as staff.